One day I wrote his name upon paper In front of me, surrounding it with hearts, But wondering if my love would taper Because he was punctured by Cupid’s darts, And now his heart belongs to another. His loving gaze I did not acquire, And my lonely heart yearns for the smother Of Love’s passion and burning desire. I would love to find a way to remove The arrow that made a controlling cage Around his heart (Cupid would not approve), And if I can’t, my heart will die in rage. But can one senseless girl’s heated passion Win against Cupid’s immortal fashion? MELISSA ESTES CLASS OF 2011
- The Deepest Blue, The Brightest Bronze by Khalilah Asaka January 7, 2018
- Your Sanctuary By Alex Blenman January 7, 2018
- Sometimes At Night By Stella Scanlon December 12, 2017
- Letter To Our Readers November 26, 2017
- A-za-zi-ah by Khalilah Asaka November 2, 2017
MadCat Pizza Party!