- Tim Mack, the man behind the Facebook event “I am Going to Drink All of Lake Michigan,” has been one of my greatest influences this week. I’ve been following the story of his journey to drink the entirety of Lake Michigan for a while, and this article sums it up nicely. As Mack says, “I’m no hero, I’m just a man, drinking the lake”.
- As we start 2016, it’s fun to take a look at some of the weirdest and best internet trends of 2015. Check out this fun article from oystermag (feat. bonnet core and my personal favorite internet trend, @breadfaceblog) http://www.oystermag.com/ten-weird-but-real-internet-trends-1
- On a more serious note, this article from the New York Times on the origin of the term “flawless” and its meaning today is well worth the read. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/magazine/how-flawless-became-a-feminist-declaration.html?_r=0
- Remembering David Bowie through his fashion legacy http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/fashion/david-bowies-fashion-legacy.html
Ta-Nehisi Coates on Bill Cosby and the Black Lives Matter movement
- In an ongoing serialized investigation, “Ghost Boat” attempts to trace a vessel carrying 243 refugees that seemingly vanished while crossing the Mediterranean, and offers an in-depth look at the often horrifying realities of refugees’ experiences https://medium.com/ghostboat/the-secret-mass-graves-of-the-refugee-crisis-32341df89414
Enjoying this series? Tell us what you like and what you’d like to see more of by tweeting @MadCatLitMag