As a result of the rioting and protesting taking place throughout our city, a photo of a fractured bench with the phrase “BALTIMORE, The Greatest City in America” has surfaced on social media. It has bees said that “A picture is worth a thousand words.” I am in total agreement. However, this image generates a thousand words based on an individual’s perspective. One may analyze it and say that it shows how broken Baltimore truly is, while another might say the photo is a complete misrepresentation of the city. My point of view falls along the lines of both perspectives. For those who don’t know Baltimore for what this city really is, it is my hometown and an amazing place. But like a lot of things, it needs work and is constantly in a state of progression. As a society, there is always room for progress. Everything that is great usually has a past of brokenness.
- The Deepest Blue, The Brightest Bronze by Khalilah Asaka January 7, 2018
- Your Sanctuary By Alex Blenman January 7, 2018
- Sometimes At Night By Stella Scanlon December 12, 2017
- Letter To Our Readers November 26, 2017
- A-za-zi-ah by Khalilah Asaka November 2, 2017
MadCat Pizza Party!